#3: My top 5 favourite K-pop music videos in August 2017


Annyeong (Hi) Everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today’s blog is going to be different from the last two since I am going to rank my top 5 favourite k-pop music videos released in August!


In August 2017, there were many groups that get to debut as a rookie band and some famous bands and soloists get the comeback. From now on, Let’s get to know my favourite five!

1. Wanna One’s ‘Energetic’

(cr: in pic)
   
Let’s started with the boy band that I have mentioned last week, Wanna One!. The title song ‘Energetic’ had recently become my favourite since the day I have listened to it due to its charming melody and playful vibe music video. However, the song is about the feelings of two people who are in love which attracts and sparks between them. Also, the most memorable scene of the music video is the beginning choreography, they formed themselves as the ‘human piano’ with Hwang Minhyun as a player.

(cr. tumblr)

In addition, there are more creative choreography included in the music video. You can check it out in the music video!


Debut performance stage



2. Sunmi’s ‘Gashina (가사나)’

(cr: Hally K Star)

My favourite female solo artist is back! I already knew her from when she was in Wonder girls, but I became a fan of her since her first title track as a soloist from ‘24hrs’, ‘Full Moon’,and now ‘Gashina’. I really love the variety of mood and tone in the music video, which are bubbly, elegant and colorful. the song 'Gashina (가사나)’ talks about the conflicts within her mind after break up; the confusion that why is he leaving; just like the pre-chorus part, 왜 예쁜 날 두고 가시나?’ which means ‘Why are you leaving a beautiful girl like me?’.


 
(cr: tumblr)
 
In my opinion, the most memorable part in the music video and live stage performance are the drastic difference in her facial expression during the pre-chorus and chorus part. her expression really gave me goosebump. I am not able to find a gift of that part, but you can watch the music video and live performance right now!


Comeback live stage



3. Jeong Sewoon’s ‘Just U’

(cr: soompi)

The first debut album from one of Produce 101 season 2’s contestant, Jung Sewoon, who got 12th place from the last elimination. He had debuted as a solo artist under Starship Entertainment with a catchy debut title track ‘Just U’. From the moment I had finished listening to this song for the first time, I would like to say that this song is so good, and I really mean it. 


(cr: tumblr)
 
Just U’ is a song which describes the emotions of falling in love the girl that expresses by perfect combinations of his outstanding and charming vocal with the lively guitar and percussion, and also melodic rap by Sik-k. Also the music video is consisted with playful and creative graphics.

‘Just U’ Music Video


‘Just U’ Live performance



4. HyunA’s ‘Babe’

(cr: soompi)
HyunA has a comeback for her 6th mini album ‘Following’ with a title track ‘Babe’. This recent is also one of my most favourites from Hyun A (my all time favourites are ‘Red’ and ‘Bubble pop’).


(cr: gramunion.com)
 
‘Babe’ is a soft EDM track with playful melody about feeling younger as you fall in love, which is completely different comparing her all previous sexy concepts. The chorus part of this song is really catchy since the song makes me humming the chorus part all day long. Moreover, the music video is pleasant to watch, mostly represent not only youthfulness but also HyunA’s playful side with pale filters and a bit of sexy side. Also, the choreography is cute, easy and enjoyable to try to follow along.

‘Babe’ Music Video



‘Babe’ Live performance


5. Weki Meki’s ‘I don’t like your boyfriend’

(cr: asianjunkies)

The new girl group consisted with 8 members; Suyeon, Elly, Sei, Lua, Rina, Lucy, including Produce 101 season 1 contestants and member of I.O.I, Choi Yoojung and Kim Doyeon, are revealing their debut album with a title track ‘I don’t like your girlfriend’.

(cr: aminoapps.com)

The song tells the guy how much a girl hates the girl her’s with but deeply, she is being jealous. In my opinion, the melody is quite catchy, but the lyrics are a bit offensive for the boys since it pulls all the blame on the guys such so ‘You look easy, your face looks stupid’, ‘You are so mean’ or ‘I hate you more than her’. For the music video, is really colorful but the apparels for some scenes are messy and some didn’t match at all. However, the choreography is bold and well-suit the song.

Let’s watch Weki Meki’s debut title track music video


Debut live stage



Here comes the end of my third blog. for next week’s, I am going to unpack Wanna one’s first mini album and post it on the blog. In this blog, you guys should try to watch all five music videos and feel free to share your favourite music videos; which can be other music videos that are not on the list, on the comment section.

See you next time 👍



ความคิดเห็น

แสดงความคิดเห็น